Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ski Girl - Mixed Media

Ski Girl  …she was painted with everything I could find!  - Mixed Media
  

First, I sketched out the ski girl.  I wanted her to be flying and wanted her to be warm.  She is both…the bright white sun snowflake keeps her joyful.
I used acrylic paints, inks, markers, scrap paper, stencils, paper punches, mod podge,  my brayer and just kept adding layers to create the background.  When I was happy with the background, I painted my girl, then collaged her onto the background.   I want to still work a bit on her eyes so they pop!
What do you think?
Leave your comments below.
She is my January Girl…now on to February!

Stop Back Later for "Live with a Thankful Heart" Repainted and the newest version

I say that but I never know what I will create from 'my happy place' and that's what I love so much about painting…it's the surprise!

Thanks for stopping by…Christine Quimby@blogspot.com

painting a message that "kindness matters"


No comments:

Post a Comment